The Genesis Tutoring program was designed in 1991, and works with traditionally underrepresented students, but is open to all LSU students. The mission of Genesis Tutoring is to provide pathways to successful completion of college courses. This program is constantly changing in an effort to provide the services that students need most.
Center Hours: 5-9pm, Monday-Thursday
The Genesis Tutoring Center is open Monday-Thursday, 5-9pm. No appointment is needed when using Genesis Tutoring, however, we recommend you use the table below to determine when your subject is being covered. If you have questions about the subjects or the hours of coverage, please contact us.
Center Location: 302G, Student Union
The Genesis Tutoring Center is located in the Student Union, room 302G. This room is in the hallway across from the Atchafalaya Room. If you have any trouble finding it, please stop into the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA), or ask the Information Desk at the main entrance of the Student Union.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225-578-4339 for more information.
List of Subjects and Availability
|Tools in EE||5-9pm||5-9pm||5-7pm|
Interested in becoming a Genesis Tutor?
The requirements to be a Genesis Tutor include:
- 3.0 or higher Cumulative GPA
- 3.0 or higher GPA in your last completed semester
- 3.0 or higher Cumulative Subject GPA (calculate by averaging all of the GPAs for each course within a subject area)
- The ability to tutor in a minimum of two subject areas
Apply to be Genesis Tutor today by emailing Wes Heath, Assistant Director of the Office
of Multicultural Affairs at email@example.com. Provide the following items in your email:
- Resume or CV
- A list of subjects you are capable of tutoring and your subsequent skill level (i.e. fourth-year level math)
- A recommendation from a professor
- A copy of your transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)