Career Peer Program
Peer mentors assist the LSU Olinde Career Center in serving students through outreach, education and advice in one-on-one interactions and group presentations. *Career Peer applications are closed for the 2018-19 academic year.
What Career Peers do for LSU students
- Present services offered through Olinde Career Center to various student groups and units on campus
- Provide students with résumé, cover letter, interview and resource tips via peer-to-peer walk-in appointments
Benefits of being a Career Peer
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional development training
- Work and leadership experience
- Résumé writing and critiquing skills
- Relationships with LSU professional staff
- Personal career development and planning through mentoring from staff
Why would YOU want to be a Career Peer?
On paper, this experiential learning integrates career knowledge and theory with practical application and skill development in a professional setting. Participating students gain transferrable skills and competencies which can benefit them professionally and personally. In reality, it's fun! Let us know if you are interested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.