Dr. Ye-Sho Chen received his Ph.D. degree in Operations Research from Purdue University in 1985. He is a Professor of Management Information Systems in the Department of Information Systems and Decision Sciences, E. J. Ourso College of Business, Louisiana State University. He is the Director of Emerging Markets Initiative and the John W. Duruy Endowed Professorship in the College. He received The Tiger Athletic Foundation Tenured Faculty Teaching Award in 2011, Tenured Faculty Teaching Award in 2007, and The Erich Sternberg Foundation Excellence in Teaching Award in 1992. Dr. Chen has published more than 100 papers in journals and conference proceedings.
- PhD Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, 1985
- MS Science / Applied Mathematics, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, Republic of China, 1979
Awards & Honors
- Director of International Experience , Ourso College of Business
- Francis M. Dud Coates MBA Professorship, Ourso College of Business
- James C. & Cherie H. Flores Professor of MBA Studies #2, Ourso College of Business
- Faculty of Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute, Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute
- Director of Globalization, Ourso College of Business, 2017
- Majory B. Ourso Excellence in Teaching Professorship #5, College, 2014
- Robert J. Peltier Professorship in MBA Studies, College, 2014
- John W. Dupuy Endowed Professorship, College, 2011
- Teaching Interests: Emerging Markets and Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Research Interests: Emerging Markets and Entrepreneurial Opportunities
Selected Research Publications
- Chen, Y. S. (2019). E-Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Franchising. International Journal of E-Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 9(1), 1-12.
- Chen, Y. S. (2018). An Interactive Platform for Sustainable Supply Chains. International Journal of Interactive Communication Systems and Technologies, 8(2), 56-73.
- Chen, Y. S. (2018). Utilizing Information Technology in Senior Care Franchises. International Journal of Computers in Clinical Practice, 3(2), 48-62.
- Chen, Y. S. (2016). Franchise Innovation via Netchising in the Digital Economy. International Journal of Innovation in the Digital Economy, 7(3), 53-64.
- Chang, L., Chen, Y. S., and Liu, H. (2015). Explaining Innovation in Tourism-Retailing Contexts by Appling Simon's Sciences of the Artificial. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology.
- Chen, Y. S., Watson, E., Cornacchione, E., and Azevedo, R. (2013). Flying High, Landing Soft : An Innovative Entrepreneurial Curriculum for Chinese SMEs Going Abroad. Journal of Chinese Entrepreneurship.
- Teng, C., Tseng, F., Chen, Y. S., and Wu, S. (2012). Online Gamer Misbehaviors and Their Adverse Impacts on Other Gamers. Online Information Review, 36(3).
- Chen, Y. S., Watson, E., and Azevedo, R. Ferreira Leitao (2011). Soft Landings Curriculum of U.S.-China Entrepreneurship. China Currents, 10(2).
- Chen, Y. S. (2018, June). The Incubation, Growth and Internationalization of Agribusinesses. Presented at sponsored by Sichuan Agricultural University, Chengdu, China.
- Chen, Y. S. (2018, June). College Students' Ecological Entrepreneurship. Presented at sponsored by Sichuan Agricultural University, Chengdu, China.
- Chen, Y. S. (2018, January). Environmental Finance and Entrepreneurship. Presented at iaelyon International Seminars sponsored by iaelyon University, Lyon, France.
- Chen, Y. S. (2018, January). Value Chains, Emerging Markets, and Entrepreneurship. Presented at iaelyon International Seminars sponsored by iaelyon University, Lyon, France.
- Chen, Y. S. (2014, June). Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Global Supply Chains. Presented at Association of Silivri Industrialists and Business Man sponsored by Kadir Has University, Silivri, Turkey.
- Chen, Y. S. (2014, June). Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Global Supply Chains. Presented at Center of Entrepreneurship and Innovation sponsored by Kadir Has University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Chen, Y. S., Watson, E., Cornacchione, E., and Azevedo, R. (2012, July). Flying High, Landing Soft : An Innovative Entrepreneurial Curriculum for Chinese SMEs Going Abroad. Presented at Inaugural International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice Relevant to China sponsored by , Wuhan University, China.
- Chen, Y. S. (2018, June). Making Cities Resilient as China Goes Global. Shanghai, China: The 12th China goes Global annual conference.
- Chen, Y. S. (2018, June). University-Industry Partnerships in Making Cities Resilient. Beijing, China: The 15th International Conference of the Society of Global Business and Economic Development.
- Chen, Y. S. (2018, January (1st Quarter/Winter)). Flying High, Landing Soft : An Innovative Entrepreneurial Curriculum for the Internationalization of SMEs. Lyon, France: The 12th iaelyon International Week.
- Chen, Y. S. (2017, June). Wetland Entrepreneurship in Making Coastal Cities Resilient. Ireland: University-Industry Interaction Conference.
- Chen, Y. S., Watson, E., Cornachione, E., and Azevedo, R. Ferreira Leitao (2012, July (3rd Quarter/Summer)). "Flying High, Landing Soft": An Innovative Entrepreneurial Curriculum for Chinese SMEs Going Abroad. Wuhan, China: International Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation in China: theory, practice and policy.
- Personnel: Chen, Ye (role: Principal) Liu, Chuanlan (role: Co-Principal) D'Agostino, Charles (role: Co-Principal) Lang, Chunmin (role: Co-Principal)Title: Enhancing and Expanding Entrepreneurship in Creative Industries Using the Fully Automated Knitting Production System,Sponsoring Organization: Board of Regents Enhancement GrantYear: 2019Personnel: Chen, Ye (role: Supporting) Allen, Austin (role: Co-Principal) Ford, Marlin (role: Co-Principal)Title: The Baker Canal Corridor ProjectSponsoring Organization: LSU Coastal Sustainability StudioYear: 2016
- Chen, Y. S., Liu, C., Zeng, Q., and Azevedo, R. (2017). E-Business and Analytics Strategy in Franchising Strategic Information Systems and Technologies in Modern Organizations (pp. 187-204). Hershey PA: IGI Global.
- Chen, Y. S. (2016). E-Commerce in International Franchising Encyclopedia of E-Commerce Development, Implementation, and Management (pp. 587-599).
- Chen, Y. S., Davutyan, N., and Ersoy, I. (2016). A Flying High, Landing Soft Platform for Supplier Diversity Handbook of Research on Global Supply Chain Management (pp. 72-84).
- Chen, Y. S. and Polat, I. Hakki (2016). Cultivating Global Entrepreneurs in the Food Supply Chain Handbook of Research on Global Supply Chain Management (pp. 292-312).
- Chen, Y. S., Lu, B., and Zeng, C. (2014). Business Analytics in Franchising In Mehdi Khosrow-Pour, DBA (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, 3rd Edition
Professional and Service Activities
- Dean's Representative, Committee Member (November 6, 2018 - November 6, 2018)
- Dean's Advisory Council: Energy Committee, Committee Member (August, 2014 - May, 2018)
- Dean's Advisory Council: Executive Committee, Committee Member (August, 2014 - March, 2018)
- Economic Department Review and Assessment, Committee Member (September, 2016 - December, 2016)
- Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, A Guest Editor of the Special Issue "Recent Advances in Learning Theory" (July 23, 2014 - August 31, 2015)
- Globalization Committee, Committee Chair (August 1, 2012 - July 31, 2013)
- Review and Assessment of the Department of Agricultural Economics, Committee Chair (October 1, 2011 - March 15, 2012)
- International Journal of Productivity Management and Assessment Technologies, Editor, Associate Editor (January 1, 2015)
- LSU Global Academics & Quality Committee, Committee Member (May, 2015)
- International Journal of ICT Research in Africa and the Middle East, Editor, Associate Editor (August, 2016)
- Internet; Wallethub; Wallethub; 2018
- Internet; LSU Global ; LSU Global video; 2017
- Newspaper; China Daily; Ye-Sho Chen: Making studies come to life, China Daily USA ; 2016
- Newspaper; China Daily; Louisiana vies to attract Chinese investment, China Daily USA; 2015
- Newspaper; Daily Reveille; Business professor helps foreign companies, studentsUniversity student linked globally; 2012
- Magazine; Baton Rouge Business Report; Speaking the language By Penny Font Published Jul 23, 2012 at 9:00 pm (Updated Jul 23, 2012) China is Louisiana's biggest customer outside the United States.; 2012
- Internet; Voice of America; Chinese writers suit Apple on patent infringement ; 2012
- Internet; Voice of America; Youku venyures into the network market by mergers; 2012
- Internet; Voice of America; "Twitter plans to introduce Chinese feature" ; 2011
- Internet; Voice of America; For Alibaba and Baidu, eBay fight sub poured soup ; 2011
- Newspaper; LSU Daily Reville; "Soft landing curriculum proposed for students"; 2011
Employed by LSU sinceAugust 21, 1985