PhD Student, Department of Marketing
2114F Business Education Complex South
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- BBA Business Administration, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan), China, 2012
- MS Marketing, Clemson University, 2013
Awards & Honors
- AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, AMA, 2017
- Graduate Dean's Travel Award, $1,500, LSU, 2016
- Graduate School Travel Award $500, LSU, 2015
- National Outstanding Undergraduate Thesis, 2012
- National Scholarship, Ministry of Education, 2010
- President Scholarship, China University of Geosciences (Wuhan), 2009
- Teaching Interests: Marketing Analytics, Digital Marketing, Marketing Research, Marketing Management
- Research Interests: Substantive: Social Media, Crowdfunding, Big Data Methodology: Machine Learning, Econometrics, Image and Text Analysis
Selected Research Publications
- Lu, S., Wu, J., and Tseng, S. Allen (2018). How Online Reviews Become Helpful: A Dynamic Perspective. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 44, 17-28.
- Tseng, S., Lu, S., Grover, V., and Weathers, P. (2017, August). The Effect of Herding Behavior on Online Review Voting Participation. Presented at Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) sponsored by Conference on Information Systems (CIS), Boston, MA.
- Lu, S., Wu, J., and Tseng, S. (2016, June). How Online Reviews Become Helpful: A Dynamic Perspective. Presented at Marketing Science sponsored by INFORMS, Shanghai, China.
- Lu, S., Weathers, P., and White, J. C. (2015, May). Effects of Price/Quantity Presentation Order and Timing on Consumer Value Judgements. Presented at Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) sponsored by , Denver, CO.
Professional and Service Activities
- 2017 Summer AMA, Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer (, 2017 - , 2017)
- 2015 the Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Conference, Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer (, 2015 - , 2015)
- 2015 Direct/Interactive Marketing Research Summit, Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer (, 2015 - , 2015)
Employed by LSU since
August 18, 2014