- BS Business Marketing, Louisiana State University
- MBA Marketing, Regent's University
- MA Media Communications, Regent's University
- MKT 3431 - Retailing Management: Store organization, operation and management; retail method of inventory; problems connected with retail buying and selling.
- AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Nominee (Leeds, UK), 2018
- AMS Doctoral Consortium Nominee (New Orleans, LA), 2018
- Daryl O. McKee Award, Louisiana State University, 2017
- Teaching Interests: Marketing Strategy/Management, Marketing Research, Digital/Social Media Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Principles, Retailing Management
- Research Interests: Relationship marketing theory and strategy with emphasis on the evolved role of customer-firm communication, customer engagement marketing, and customer relationships in the B2B and B2C contexts; additional emphasis on social media's role in communication and relationships
Selected Research Publications
- Harmeling, C. M, Moffett, J. W., Arnold, M. J, and Carlson, B. D (2017). Toward a Theory of Customer Engagement Marketing. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (JAMS), 45(3), 312-335.
- Moffett, J. W. (2017, ). Understanding Communication and Message Features in Omni-Channel Communication Strategies. Presented at AMA (Winter) sponsored by , Orlando, FL.
- Moffett, J. W. (2017, ). Understanding Communication and Message Features in Omni-Channel Communication Strategies. Presented at Southeast Marketing Symposium sponsored by University of Kentucky, .
- Moffett, J. W. (2016, ). Understanding the Effectiveness of Multi-Channel Communication: Channel, Timing, and Intensity. Presented at AMA (Winter) - Special Session sponsored by , Las Vegas, NV.
- Moffett, J. W. (2016, ). Understanding the Effectiveness of Multi-Channel Communication: Channel, Timing, and Intensity. Presented at Southeast Marketing Symposium sponsored by Mississippi State University, .
- Rast, R., Moffett, J. W., and Andzulis, J. (2015, November). Does eWOM Affect Touch and Purchase Intention?. Presented at 2015 Society for Marketing Advances Conference (SMA) sponsored by SMA, San Antonio.
- Harmeling, C. M, Moffett, J. W., and Palmatier, R. W (2017). Conclusion: Informing Customer Engagement Marketing and Future ResearchCustomer Engagement Marketing
Professional and Service Activities
- Undergraduate Core Curriculum Committee, Department of Marketing, Committee Member (, - , 2018)
- University of Washington's Center for Sales and Marketing Strategy, Position: Research Fellow (, 2017)
Employed by LSU since
August 18, 2014