- Ph D Economics, Brown University
- BS Engineering, Bilkent University
- MA Economics, Bilkent University
- ECON 4520 - International Trade:
- ECON 4530 - The Chinese Economy:
- ECON 4710 - Aggregate Economic Analysis:
- ECON 7071 - Economic Growth:
- ECON 7718 - Advanced Macroeconomics I:
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Graduate Category, Louisiana State University, 2018
- Jill and Roger Jenkins Energy Research Grant, 2018
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Graduate Category, Louisiana State University, 2012
- Research Scholar Award, Louisiana State University, 2012
- Business College's Outstanding Teacher Award, Louisiana State University, 2011
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Graduate Category, Louisiana State University, 2009
- Council on Research Grant, Louisiana State University, 2008
- K. Alghanim Dissertation Fellowship, Brown University, 2004
- Teaching Interests: International Trade, Economic Growth, Macroeconomics
- Research Interests: Trade and Productivity, Entrepreneurship, Labor Economics
Selected Research Publications
- Beland, L. and Unel, B. (2019). Politics and Entrepreneurship in the U.S.. Canadian Journal of Economics, 57, 33-57.
- Unel, B. (2018). Offshoring and Unemployment in a Credit-Constraint Economy. Journal of International Economics, 111, 21-33.
- Dinopoulos, E. and Unel, B. (2015). Entrepreneurs, Jobs, and Trade. European Economic Review, 79, 93-112.
- Dinopoulos, E. and Unel, B. (2013). A Simple Model of Quality Heterogeneity and International Trade. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 37, 68--83.
- Dinopoulos, E. and Unel, B. (2011). Quality Heterogeneity and Global Economic Growth. European Economic Review, 55, 595--612.
- Unel, B. (2010). Firm Heterogeneity, Trade, and Wage Inequality. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 34, 1369--79.
- Page, T., Putterman, L., and Unel, B. (2005). Voluntary Association in Public Goods Experiments: Reciprocity, Mimicry, and Efficiency. Economic Journal, 115, 1032-53.
Professional and Service Activities
- Southern Economic Journal, Editor, Associate Editor (September, 2012 - September, 2020)
- Graduate Studies, Committee Chair (June, 2016 - June, 2020)
Employed by LSU since
August 21, 2006