In 1995, students, staff and faculty came together to craft a statement of position regarding our basic principles as an academic community. The LSU Commitment to Community states our expectations for each LSU community member.
To promote these principles, each spring, the Office of the Dean of Students recognizes 12 outstanding seniors who contribute positively to the life of the campus and surrounding community. These 12 individuals are then recognized as the Tiger Twelve. In keeping with the LSU Commitment to Community, these students:
- hold themselves to the highest standards of academic, personal, and social integrity
- practice justice, equality, and compassion in human relations
- respect the dignity of all persons and accept individual differences
To be eligible for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2018, a student must:
- Demonstrate the principles of the LSU Commitment to Community through scholarship, actions, and contributions;
- Have a cumulative gpa of at least 2.5;
- Graduate in May, August or December of 2018;
- Have current full-time status at LSU (unless graduating in May 2018); and
- Be in good academic and accountability standing.
Eligible senior and graduate level students may be nominated by any member of the campus community or submit self-nominations starting on January 10, 2018. Student nominees will be asked to submit an application to the Office of the Dean of Students that will assist in considering their nomination. This information will include academic achievement, campus involvement, personal development, community service, and future plans.
If you are interested in nominating a student for Tiger Twelve, please use the form below. You will be required to login and create an account on TigerLink with your myLSU credentials. Nominations are due by 4:30 pm on Friday, January 26, 2018.
Students nominated by the deadline will receive an email with the application on Monday, January 29.
Applications for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2018 will be available after the nomination process closes.
The Tiger Twelve Class of 2018 will be recognized at a reception held on April 21 in the Rotunda of the LSU Business Education Complex. If you have any questions, please send an email to Michelle Lowery or call (225) 578-9442.