Five ways to increase academic performance:
- Integrate learning strategies into instruction.
- Create a student-centered learning environment by implementing active learning techniques.
- Endorse the use of academic support resources.
- Utilize technology to increase communication and engagement with students.
- Provide early feedback and interventions to students with poor course performance.
In an effort to improve student learning and persistence at LSU, the CAS supports faculty with practical strategies and effective resources incorporating these five principles.
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a series of weekly study sessions offered for students enrolled in historically difficult courses.
SI Sessions are:
- free, voluntary and open to all students
- a great opportunity to improve understanding of material and course grades
- an excellent way to meet other people in your class.
- guided by an SI leader who has taken the course and is prepared to share with you what they have learned about how to study.
The leader attends the class and works in close association with the instructor so that sessions are relevant to the material covered.
Give Your Students Access to Free Online Tutoring
Students can access online tutoring for free through MyLSU. Make it even easier by allowing access through your course on Moodle. Just add the online tutoring option as you would any other course activity.