Launched in spring 2012, the “Brand Ambassador” program is an effort to encourage communicators and other university employees to embrace and champion the LSU brand.
What is a Brand Ambassador?
- Brand Ambassadors act as stewards for making the LSU brand a foundation for all communication; they uphold the reputation of the university by ensuring that the LSU brand is followed, protected and promoted consistently among all audiences.
- Brand Ambassadors are individuals who are actively engaged in the LSU brand, increasing its awareness and influencing others favorably toward the LSU brand. Everyone who works for LSU is a prospective voice for the LSU brand.
- Brand Ambassadors do not have to have marketing or communication in their job titles.
Why do we have a Brand Ambassador program?
It is an effort to encourage communicators and other relevant employees to embrace and champion the LSU brand.
What is the program about specifically?
It is designed to be a comprehensive certification program and will offer a series of classes to provide a clearer understanding of the LSU brand and how it can work for units on campus.
What are some of the classes offered?
Course topics include:
- Brand message: business goals, why one voice matters, style
- Brand visuals: logo guidelines, brand architecture
- Advertising methods: campaigns, events, direct mail, email, outdoor, etc.
- Design for print & web: toolkits & templates, design principles, photography, web, purchasing procedures
- Social media: Twitter, Facebook, SCVNGR, YouTube
- Process: research, strategy, concept development, implementation, evaluation
- Media relations