You like to examine the chemical makeup of natural products and the chemical reactions that occur in living systems.
Explore the natural world in biochemistry at LSU. This interdisciplinary area of study underlies many of the most cutting-edge breakthroughs in understanding life processes and is critical to modern medicine, so even as an undergraduate, you can participate in research that can have real-world implications.
- Cellular chemist
- Medical professional
- Pharmaceuticals researcher
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 hours in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.0 LSU and cumulative GPA (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1001
- grade of “C” or better in all math and science courses
- grade of “C” or better in any of the following: Math 1022, Math 1023, Math 1550, or Math 1551
- grade of “C” or better in BIOL 1201, BIOL 1202, CHEM 1201, and MATH 1550
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Science: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Electives: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Foreign Language: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Lab Hours Field Work: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- View all course loads