You like scientific discovery and want to be a part of the conservation and preservation of coastal environments and oceanic life.
About Coastal Environmental Science
The major has a low teacher-student ratio, so small classes are guaranteed. Students who have taken this path before have entered graduate degree programs, medical school, and careers in research in both the private and public sector. If you have a demonstrated strength in science, math, and complex problem-solving, then this is the degree path for you.
- Applied Coastal Environmental Science: Applied coastal environmental science is geared toward students who plan on employment in the oil and gas industry, environmental consulting, and/or state and federal agencies.
- Environmental Science and Research: Environmental science and research has an academic research focus.
- environmental consultant or scientist
- environmental lawyer
- environmental policy or planning manager
- natural resources manager
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 24 hours of credit in 1000-level courses or higher
- 2.0 cumulative GPA (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- grade of “C” or better in all math and science courses
- approval from the dean
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Science: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Math: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Lab Hours or Field Work: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Social Studies: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- View all course loads